If you're serious about losing weight, we all know exercise is vital. But something that many people neglect is the right food intake. That amazing personal training session or kickfit class
is less effective if you're not fueling your body properly. There's no fad diets or magic tricks necessary, you just need to eat clean and avoid fatty, unhealthy food as much as possible.
So here you will find Kickass approved recipes, to aid your weightloss or muscle building needs. Keep checking back as new ones will be added all the time!
- Correct Nutrition
- Vital for achieving your goals!
- Get awesome advice and what and when to eat.
- Abs are made in the kitchen!
- Do you have a recipe you swear by?
- Send them to me and if they're good I'll put them on the site! Sharing is caring!
- Submit Recipe!
Strawberry and Banana smoothie!
Ideal as a mid-morning or post workout drink!
Blueberry and honey porridge.
Start your day off right with this breakfast!
Poached eggs on toast!
Healthy lunch time snack, with tomato and onion!
Baked Sweet Potato
Perfect evening meal to boost you after a big workout.
Strawberry and banana smoothie
A perfect post-wokout refresher
We all feel the temptation after a hot workout for an alcoholic beverage occasionally! But that will dehydrate you further and stunt your progress. Instead do this...
- 1 Banana
- Handful of strawberries
- Qtr pint of Almond Milk
- one Tablespoon of Natural Yoghurt
- one desert spoon of honey.
- 2 Ice cubes
Blend all the ingredients in smoothie maker/blender until smooth and pour into glass then Enjoy..
Blueberry and Honey Porridge
Porridge The healthy way...
Porridge comes in many forms but don't be seduced by all of the prepacked, pre flavoured, pre loaded with unnecessary fat creating sugars!!
Follow the below ingredients to make a delicious and healthy breakfast that will satisfy you until your next meal and avoid the sugar bloat.
- 4 Ozs of Wholegrain Oats
- 125ml of Almond Milk
- Handful of Fresh Blueberries
- one Teaspoon of Honey (avoid the honey if you can)
Poached eggs on toast
Eggs are a fantastic food which are a good source of.. Protein, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2 and Iodine.
As nice as these would taste on some doughy, freshly cooked French stick they can taste just as good on a slice of wholemeal
toast with some tomatoes and onions and will half your calorie and sugar in take..
- 2 Medium free range hens eggs
- 1 Salad tomato
- 1/2 an onion
- One slice of wholemeal toast, medium sliced
- 1. Slice Tomato thinly and chop the onion finely and bring the water to nearly boiling temp.
- 2. Crack the eggs and place in the water leave for 2/3 mins
- 3. Whilst waiting for eggs to cook, toast the slice of bread, when toasted sufficiently place onto plate and lay tomato and onion onto the toast.
- 4. Then place the two poached eggs onto the toast
Voila! poached egg the bikini bod way...
Baked sweet potato
A jacket potato is a fantastic lunch option which will keep you fuelled for a long time. But have you considered a sweet potato in place of the traditional white, baking variety?
Sweet Potatoes are great and feature lower on the glycemic Index (What is that you ask?? It is how quick that type of food will convert to sugar).
The slower this happens the better it is for you. So a food which features lower on the index, the better that food is for you for you...
You can bake a sweet potato just as you would an ordinary potato and toppings wise the beauty is they taste pretty amazing on their own but try a bit of salsa as this is very low on calories and compliments the sweetness of this food perfectly..